Caring For Your Newly Paved Surface
Asphalt needs time to fully cure when it is first applied. Walking on the asphalt once the driveway has been completed can be done immediately. To protect your newly paved surface please heed the following cautionary warnings:
- Do not drive vehicles on the new asphalt for 3 full days, or longer if the weather is excessively hot.
- While your driveway is curing, we recommend that you do not park in the same spot every time for at least 6 to 12 months.
- Avoid turning your steering wheel back and forth when your car is not moving as it can leave lasting marks.
- Items such as lawn chairs, motorcycles and bicycle kick stands, and the like will leave depressions and create holes in your new driveway if left in one place for too long. Consider leaning the kickstand on an alternative surface in the meantime if possible.
- Avoid spilling oil, gasoline, antifreeze or other of harsh chemicals on the driveway as they can leave lasting marks.
- You might consider placing a sign at the beginning of your driveway asking drivers to be courteous by driving with ease on your new surface. Automobiles starting out or driving too fast and pulling in too quickly will also scar your blacktop.
- We recommend applying seal-coat one year after initial pavement installation and every two years after that to help prevent surface cracks. Contact us at 1 (802) 524-0399 to schedule service.
The edges of your driveway are the weakest due to the lack of side support. It’s best to void driving on the edges to prevent will crack and crumbling over time. Consider building up the sides of your driveway with topsoil to help support the edges of your driveway, this can also enhance the appearance if grass or flowers are grown over the topsoil creating a nice look to add curb appeal.
Blacktop is made up of many components including stone, sand, and other ingredients. This may cause your driveway look like it has varied texture and some areas may look smoother than others. Premier Paving Inc. has the proper equipment to help alleviate some of these effects, which is a better alternative than installing your blacktop manually with hand tools and rakes. You’ll have a far more professional look when you hire a professional like Premier Paving Inc. to do the job for you the right way, the first time.
We hope that these tips will help you keep your paved surfaced looking as new as possible for many years to come. All of our work is warranted. Feel free to contact us at 1-802-524-0399 if you have any questions. We’ll be happy to help and hope that you enjoy the look and functionality of your new asphalt surface!
Call Today for your Free Estimate
We look forward to providing you with quality service and a job well done!